Exemptions are applied for through the State of Tennessee.

The Assessor of Property has very limited ability to exempt properties from taxation, generally allowed only to exempt government owned property and cemeteries. Anything else such as religious facilities, fraternal facilities and educational facilities must be exempted through action by the State Board of Equalization.

If you have questions pertaining to exemptions contact our Exemptions Clerk, Jean Belcher for information on the process or information needed from our office for filing at


or by e-mail at


Or use the following link to access the State of Tennessee Board of Equalization for information, instructions and forms.





Print this page
Contact Us | Site Map | Get Adobe Reader
Copyright © 2018 Bradley County, TN